- A bit of history
- Than synthetic vitamins are dangerous: research of scientists
- When is it advisable to take vitamins in tablets?
- And what is the conclusion from the above?
- Video broadcasts "Vitamins: Benefit or Harm"
- Alternative to synthetic vitamins - natural products
That every schoolboy knows that vitamins are extremely necessary for immunity, good health. This raises a natural question, how does he know this? Advertising of multivitamin preparations surrounds us everywhere. On television, in newspapers, the Internet and other mass media, they constantly say that they need to take vitamin.
People are zombified right from the kindergarten - how useful vitamin pills to eat. This leads to a terrible, and sometimes criminal, substitution of concepts. You are told: "Vitamin C is the most important in our metabolism." However, not everyone knows that vitamin C and ascorbic acid are not the same at all.
A bit of history
Almost all vitally important vitamins were identified and synthesized in the early 20th century. The beginning of the era of synthetic vitamins was laid by Kazimir the Functionalist biochemist, because he introduced the term vitamins, and deciphered the formula, and developed a method of chemical synthesis of B1, the first synthetic vitamin.
First, artificial vitamins were used only for the prevention and treatment of vitamin deficiencies in people with a high risk of vitamin deficiency: sailors, submariners, polar explorers, astronauts, long-range aviation pilots, etc. But, when Linus Pauling (2 Nobel Laureate), whose books on healthy lifestyle were very popular, in 1970 published an article "Evolution and the need for ascorbic acid", the situation has changed.
In it, he justified the intake of vitamin C in high doses for the prevention of diseases, especially viral and oncological. His arguments were not supported by any clinical studies, were purely theoretical, based on the scientific literature of the time. Since millions of people listened to his opinion and books were very popular, farm cartels took advantage of this, seeing the prospect of huge benefits. As you know, demand generates a proposal, you want to take synthetic vitamins in large quantities - no problem, for your money, any whim.
The euphoria around artificial vitamins lasted about 20 years, but this was enough, it had its detrimental impact. Pharmaceutical lobby leads to the fact that future specialists (doctors) still students are convinced that today the diet is poor in vitamins, and every day, all year round, one must take multivitamin complexes. Moreover, they suggest that synthetic vitamins for immunity are extremely necessary, so to speak, to strengthen it! (see if you need drugs to improve immunity to a healthy person).
Calculated the potential income level of farm cartels? Every day 6 billion people drink vitamins! No disease - neither the treatment of the flu (antiviral drugs ), nor the Ebola fever , nor the treatment of tuberculosis or oncology, do not bring farming income such as vitamins promoted by aggressive advertising from all sides.
Vitamins are not considered medicines, they do not require a prescription, moreover, they can be purchased even in a pharmacy. The manufacturer simply needs to prove to the regulatory body that they can not be poisoned - and that's all, neither clinical trials nor evidence of therapeutic effectiveness are required. Any pharmaceutical company creates a vitamin preparation, then registers it as a dietary supplement (biologically active additive) and earns millions a year, and the trusted purchaser of these same supplements becomes a test subject. Worst of all, many manufacturers of food for some reason (marketing techniques) add synthetic vitamins to their products (for example, the addition of vitamin E to sunflower refined oil), or add vitamins to baby food!
Under the guise of "tablets for health," farm cartels vparivayut us chemical substances, only remotely resembling vitamins, and this "chemistry" is not at all harmless. Articles about the dangers of synthetic vitamins are full of internet. Let's generalize available information:
Than synthetic vitamins are dangerous: research of scientists
Everyone has long known that people who consume a large number of plant foods rich in vitamins live much longer and better than their counterparts who eat fast food. So why do synthetic vitamins harm our health, while natural vitamins are necessary for the normal functioning of immunity? натуральным, и организм эту разницу распознает. The fact is that artificial vitamins are similar, but they are not natural in nature , and the organism recognizes this difference.
On the influence of vitamins on children's mental abilities
Three pharmaceutical companies claiming that multivitamin complexes increase the intelligence of children, in 1992 lost the case in the British court. The loss is due to the fact that the allegation was unfounded, they could not provide convincing evidence. A group of scientists from 1988-1991 tried to find this confirmation. They studied the effect of vitamins on children in the US, the UK, Belgium and found that there is absolutely no connection between the intake of multivitamins and the level of intelligence in children.
The next victim of farm cartels is vitamin E. If you take any synthetic multivitamin complex, you will learn from the instructions that it contains alpha-tocopherol, which is given to us for vitamin E. Natural vitamin contains not one but 4 tocopherols (alpha, beta , gamma and delta), as well as 4 tocotrienols (also alpha, beta, gamma and delta). Some manufacturers create vitamin E, consisting of 2 or 3 tocopherols (of course the natural proportions of speech do not go), but tocotrienols they do not exactly contain. What research says:
- The first information about the dangers of synthetic vitamins appeared in 1994, when Finnish scientists tried to analyze the effect of vitamin E for the prevention of lung cancer among smokers. The result was terrific - instead of reducing the risk, taking vitamin E increased the incidence by 18%.
- The Israeli group of scientists concluded that the combination of vitamin C + E by 30% accelerates the progression of atherosclerosis of the vessels of the brain and neck.
- A large study conducted in the USA, Denmark, Serbia on 170 thousand subjects showed that A + E vitamins in combination, increases the risk of intestinal cancer by 30%.
- Since 2005, in the EU, any advertising of vitamins is forbidden, if the words "prolongs", "heals", "helps to heal," etc., sound in it.
- In France, preparations containing vitamin A are prohibited for use.
- In the UK, the intake of vitamins A and E. is not recommended.
There is a nutritional supplement, such as E160a or carotene. It turns out in two ways:
- Extraction from natural raw materials: carrots, oranges, corn seeds, red palm oil, red pepper, etc.
- Synthetic method.
Natural carotene consists of two large fractions: alpha and beta, as well as several small ones: gamma, delta, epsilon and zeta. Synthetic carotene is just one fraction - beta-carotene. It is interesting that both species are named the same E160a, sometimes the natural name is E160a (1), and the synthetic E160a (2).
The main producer of synthetic carotene is the United States, it was American scientists who called beta-carotene vitamin A. In fact, beta-carotene is not a vitamin at all, but a provitamin that in the body turns into its active form. In addition, carotenes can be stored in the body, primarily in the liver and skin. It is believed that the yellow color of our fat is due precisely to the deposition of carotenes. With the accumulation of synthetic beta-carotene, many people associate its carcinogenic effect.
- Another confirmation of the harm of vitamins - in an authoritative American magazine "Lancet", one scientific group published the results of its studies, according to which vitamin A increases the risk of gastrointestinal cancer by 30%, and the combination of A + E vitamins - by 10%.
- Those who want to prove the role of artificial vitamins in the prevention of oncology turned out to be a lot. Influence of vitamins A + E in people working with asbestos (a carcinogen causing lung cancer), and in smokers was studied in 1996. The study was terminated prematurely, as in the group taking vitamins, the incidence of cancer increased by 28% and mortality by 17%.
- A group of French scientists found that if a smoker takes 20 mg of vitamin A per day, he increases the risk of developing heart failure by 13%.
A mixture of a group of substances can be considered as vitamin A directly: retinol (axerophthol), dehydroretinol, retinal (retinen) and retinoic acid, all collectively called retinols, and the list is not complete. Synthetic same vitamin A is:
- Retinol acetate is the salt of acetic acid, which is not contained in the human body at all.
- Retinola palmitate is a salt similar to natural retinol.
на натуральные? Is it because synthetic retinols cause cancer and increase the incidence of malformations in infants when they are pregnant, that they just look like natural?
Farm-businessmen convince us that ascorbic acid is vitamin C, but in fact it is not. The natural composition of vitamin C in addition to ascorbic acid contains: rutin, bioflavanoids, tyrosinase, ascorbic acid, Factor K, Factor J, Factor P, and in certain proportions. витамин С, вам необходимо синтезировать все указанные компоненты и смешать их в нужных пропорциях. If you want to create a truly SIMULTANEOUS NATURAL vitamin C, you need to synthesize all these components and mix them in the right proportions. Ascorbic does not even cure scurvy. Cabbage, dog rose and even potatoes heals, but ascorbic acid does not.
- Scientists from the United States found that the use of vitamin C in a dose of 500 mg per day increases the rate of progression of arteriosclerosis of blood vessels by a factor of 2.5.
- Researchers from the University of Copenhagen have found that people taking a vitamin complex A, E, C (the so-called antioxidant), the risk of early death increases by 16%.
- By the way, ascorbic acid with dextrose (white tablets of 10 pcs. "Twist") is almost not absorbed in the digestive tract, unlike the dragees.
Vitamin B12, B1
Natural vitamin B12 is a group of cobalamins - biologically active substances, which include cobalt. These include: cyanocobalamin, hydroxy cobalamin, as well as methylcobalamin and 5-deoxyadenosylcobalamin. Synthetic vitamin preparations include only one of these components - cyanobolamine. This substance is produced by bioengineering.
That is, a gene has been introduced into the mutant bacterium, which allows it to synthesize cyanocobalamin, and although there is nothing dangerous in genetic engineering, it's still worth writing on the synthetic B12 box: "Contains GMOs" (see GMO harm or benefit ). Also in production a number of very dangerous substances are used: phenol, cyanide, acetone, chloroform, tetrachloride, etc. And where is the guarantee that the final product is adequately purified from extremely toxic ballast?
Artificial vitamin B1 increases the death rate of patients with diabetes mellitus.
Against the backdrop of such propaganda of vitamin therapy in today's developed countries, doctors are increasingly dealing with hypervitaminosis, that is, with the opposite conditions associated with overdose of vitamins. They can arise and with an excess of these substances in food (for example, vitamin A in seafood and liver of marine animals) and with the intake of a large number and long-term intake of vitamin complexes.
- Excess of vitamin A - causes nausea, headache, visual impairment, dizziness, skin rash, convulsions.
- Excess of vitamin D - the deposition of calcium salts on the walls of the vessels of the heart, kidneys.
- Excess of vitamin C - insomnia, diarrhea, increased anxiety, feelings of heat.
- Vitamins E, A, D are fat-soluble and are able to accumulate in fatty deposits, causing intoxication.
- Vitamins C, PP and group B are the most allergenic, often cause allergic reactions.
When is it advisable to take vitamins in tablets?
To be extremely categorical, of course, it is not advisable and should not reject all artificial vitamins. For example, over 100 years of using aspirin from its side effects killed people much more than from the use of all the vitamins taken together, but from the use of aspirin has not completely refused.
And in some cases, vitamins can not be rejected, for example:
- taking medicines that disrupt the absorption of vitamins ( enterosorbents , antibiotics, oral contraceptives , chemotherapeutic drugs, anticoagulants, etc.).
- various gastrointestinal disorders that disrupt digestion
- severe infectious diseases (tuberculosis)
- recovery in the postoperative period
- people working in difficult conditions (miners, submariners, polar explorers, astronauts, etc.)
- in the period of forced absence of normal nutrition, as well as in severe diets, starvation, etc.
But if you are looking for an answer to the question - which vitamins to choose for immunity, for prevention, in order to "increase the resistance of the body" it becomes clear that this is not only not advisable, but also not harmless.
And what is the conclusion from the above?
- Refers to any vitamins should be taken as a real medicine, taken only on strict indications, as prescribed by the doctor, preferably 1-2 component preparations, rather than multivitamin complexes.
- Do not take yourself "for prophylaxis".
- If you eat full and varied, every day eat fruits and vegetables, dairy products, cereals, seafood, fish and meat, unrefined olive oil - you do not need vitamins to boost immunity, regardless of the season.
- No tablets will replace a glass of FRESHLY vegetable or fruit juice - carrot, orange, apple, tomato - natural juices from products available to Russians.
Video broadcasts "Vitamins: Benefit or Harm"
- from 3:00 minutes to 14:00 - Polyvitaminic complexes shorten a person's life - this is proved by scientists. Vitamins should be taken only according to the doctor's prescription for diagnosed deficiency. Their opinion is expressed by: practicing endocrinologist Olga Demicheva and head. Head of the Department of Pharmacy Artem Markaryan.
- from 14:00 to 20:00 - in which products the greatest content of vitamin C, A and group B.
Alternative to synthetic vitamins - natural products
Below are lists of products with the maximum content of certain vitamins (A, C, E, D, B1, B6, B12, B9). Comparing the daily rate (approximate) with the quantitative content of vitamins in foods, you can notice that eating a variety, including in your diet fresh vegetables, fruits, greens, nuts, meat, fish, cereals, vegetable oil - a person does not need additional intake of synthetic substances, remotely resembling them.
Next is a list of vegetables and fruits, leaders in the content of vitamin C (in a raw product and in a boiled) and which are often on the table with a Russian. This is not a complete list of foods rich in vitamin C, almost any vegetable and fruit contains it. The daily requirement of vitamin C is 150 mg. for an adult. The table indicates - how many approximately a gram of the product contain a daily vitamin norm (in descending order). It can be seen from the table that a person should eat only 1 kiwi per day, or 1-2 oranges or sweet peppers, in order to get the daily norm of vitamin C.
The average daily norm of vitamin A is 1.5-2 mg. for adults, not less than 30% of this need is recommended to provide at the expense of the most vitamin A, the rest due to the use of products containing carotene. The table shows how many mg. Vitamin is contained in 100 g of the product (in descending order). Its maximum amount is in fish oil (19 mg per 100 g of product).
The daily need of an adult in vitamin E is 140-210 μg. in a day. Vitamin E is an active antioxidant that protects cell membranes from the damaging effects of free oxygen radicals. But since it is in large quantities in nuts, vegetable oils, in uncooked cereals and other products that a person consumes every day, a scarcity of it practically does not arise. Its deficiency can develop only with prolonged hunger, fascination with various diets for weight loss, exhaustion. In other cases, the average diet of a Russian is enough.
The daily requirement is:
- for children and adults alike - 10 mcg / day
- older than 60 years - 15 mcg / day
Deficiency of this vitamin can be in infants and residents of northern latitudes. And although the northerners are advised to take supplemental vitamin D, the effectiveness of these supplements is proved only with regard to rickets and rickets-like diseases.
2.2 mcg, yolk 7 mkg
The daily requirement is:
- children 0.5-1.7 mg
- men - 1.6-2.5 mg
- women 1.3-2.2 mg
The main amount of thiamine is taken from the plant with food. Vitamin B1 is synthesized by certain types of bacteria that make up the intestinal microflora. Thiamine is rich in nuts, beans, peas, spinach, bread with bran, as well as pork, beef, liver, a little less its amount will be restrained in cabbage, potatoes, carrots. That is, with normal nutrition, its deficiency also does not arise.
chicken 0,5 mg, pork 0,3 mg
The daily requirement is 2 mg. It is also synthesized in the body by the intestinal microflora. A lot of vitamin B6 in nuts, cereal sprouts, spinach, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, oranges, tomatoes, strawberries, cherries. It is also found in dairy, meat products, eggs, cereals and legumes. And again it becomes clear that a deficiency of vitamin B6 is possible only in the absence of normal nutrition or a violation of the assimilation of food (gastrointestinal diseases, taking certain medicines, etc.).
The daily requirement of 3 mcg. Deficiency of this vitamin leads to some types of anemia. Vitamin B12 is absent in plant foods and is contained in food of animal origin, therefore vegan (a strict form of vegetarianism) should be taken with either products enriched with vitamin B12, or take nutritional supplements. If you like meat, fish, dairy products, there should not be a vitamin B12 deficiency. It is enough daily to eat 100-200 gr. any meat (beef, pork, lamb) fish or cheese.
Vitamin B9 is folic acid
The daily norm is up to 200-500 mcg, pregnant women with a deficiency of up to 800 mcg per day. Vitamin B9 is mainly found in plant foods, and is also synthesized by small intestinal microflora.