Famous German physician Peter Akst made a sensational statement: "Fitness and professional sports shorten life." Together with his daughter, doctor Michaela Akst-Gadermann, Mr. Akst published a book under the provocative title "Lazy live longer".
The publication is simply replete with statements that can infuriate all adherents of a healthy lifestyle, including cardiologists and cardiac surgeons. What is one thing "Idleness and laziness - the guarantee of health." Peter Akst is a professor at the University of Applied Sciences in Germany, a doctor of medicine 76 years of age. Author of publications on psychology and gerontology. In his youth, he was engaged in running for long distances.
Ladies are going through cavaliers
Akst confirmed all his statements with references to well-known physiologists and doctors. Thus, he cites the argument of his compatriot, the physiologist Rubner, who in 1908 established that every living being at birth is provided with a certain stock of vital forces, which must stretch for the rest of his life. Who spent earlier, he died earlier.
Everything is determined from the number of cell divisions to the number of sexual acts. The theory is not devoid of meaning. For today it is known that every woman is supplied at birth with a certain number of eggs that mature from the moment of reaching maturity or die ingloriously under the influence of harmful external factors. Once all the eggs are consumed, go to menopause .
Also with cell divisions. One of the theories of old age is reduced to the fact that the cells at a certain moment exhaust their potential for further divisions or intracellular renewal (neurocytes) and the body can no longer remain afloat.
Another scientist German, Professor Principagher developed a theory of vital energy, which states that all living beings, in proportion to their body weight, have the same reserves of vital energy. Therefore, the time (as is known, the relative concept) flows differently for the mouse and for the elephant, which have a different number of heartbeats per minute. That the mouse is going through for a minute, the elephant tests for a week. But to a man, according to the Principal, two times more energy is allocated per unit of body weight than the rest of the mammal.
From all this, Akst concludes that only the person decides where and for what period of time he will calculate his life-supply.
But further on, Akst reinforces his assertions with a murderous argument about the difference in the life expectancy of men and women.
A medical fact, not refuted by WHO, that women all over the world live five to seven years longer than men. At the same time, the difference in backward or economically prosperous countries is quite insignificant. It's just that in the third world countries women do not live long either. However, the distance between them and men is not reduced.
It is worth mentioning that other physiologists argue that the main reason for this difference is the hormonal background, different in ladies and gentlemen. A beautiful sex, de, covers estrogen from cardiovascular disasters, possessing cardioprotective action, and men all their life smoke, drink, moreover they are deprived of that favorable estrogen background, which women lose only to the period of menopause, when they equalize for the risk of heart attack with men (cm health after 50 years ).
But Herr Akst for such provocations is not conducted, but authoritatively states that the man himself, in accordance with the idea of nature, does not need to live long. His business is to give birth to a son, plant a tree and build a house. And if, instead of a son, he gave birth to a daughter, then further and generally bother is meaningless. But the woman still has to save her energy in order to increase the birth of children to at least some independence. Probably, that's why she so cherishes her strength, working in the service from nine to five, dragging bags from shops, cooking, washing, taking the children out into circles and walks, still having time to visit some fitness and swimming pool, and this is only taking in the attention of women in cities where there is no garden, stove heating and living creatures in the barn.
Aksta does not confuse these reliable facts from the life of the Russian remote places, where he, happily, never visited. Impressive German explains all that with the same weight-growth parameters, a woman's metabolism flows more slowly by 10%. That is, in a unit of time, she spends 10% less energy. And, accordingly, the woman lives longer.
Of course, semi-literate psychologists, specializing in the characteristics of the relationship between the sexes, mistakenly claim that most women are simply stupid, as traffic jams. But thus are enough aggressive (by virtue of fluctuations of the hormonal background for which the rigid male mentality does not keep up). As a result, most of the women simply manage to roll their men to the grave board much earlier than the time that is released by nature. And the will of stupid blondes and brunettes was given by the champions of their emancipation and the feminization of society, who had to collect more taxes from working women, sell them more goods that they had never used close (pants, cigarettes, pivasik, contraceptives).
It is interesting to see the influence of women on a man during family life. In most cases, the role of a man does not agree with the "strong". Many have noticed how a harsh and determined employee, boss or comrade completely loses face next to his second "weak" half. It's even awkward to look at him at such a moment, what is this magical transformation?
It turns out that a stronger sex is much weaker than a weak psychological and strategic development of marital relations. A man who was originally oriented to interacting with the outside world as a getter is not at all ready to pull the rope in a family relationship, to which the woman is prepared much more carefully and in advance.
Fighters - remember, boxers - write down
It is high time to open your eyes to the fact that:
- sport life shortens
- health undermines
- causes dependence
- feeling of emptiness with reduced loads or losses.
In the book, Akst mentions a lion whose life expectancy in the wild savannah is 8-10 years, and in the zoo - all 20. The wily author forgets to tell what the risks of a mature king of beasts are to be choked with buffalo horns, die in a fight with a young pretender for a pride or just fall from the banal infection in a hungry year. After all, in the zoological garden for the skin of a lion is responsible decent staff, who does not want to live in the velfer and remain without insurance and pensions. And in the wild, the lion himself is responsible for both the female and the offspring, risking themselves daily. But Peter Akst rest on the fact that it is relaxation in the cage that allows animals to become long-livers.
Next, from all sorts of animals, the author switches attention to people. And immediately leads to the example of the Greek marathon runner Phillipid, who died after running a distance of 42 km from Marathon to Athens in 490 BC.
- Well, firstly, nobody knows what was the initial state of the heart muscle and the valve apparatus of the runner, whether he had problems with the conduction system of the heart. It is likely that even without any marathon, the Greek would have stretched his muscular legs one of these days.
- Secondly, even today marathon runners are dying that flies, and no one has yet said that a marathon is a means of prevention, not an ada load on the body.
Cardiologists are increasingly calling for aerobic exercise for 4-6 hours a week, which allow normalizing oxidative processes in the myocardium and protect the body from atherosclerosis.
It turns out that many generally accepted opinions are no more than delusions. Moreover, these are familiar and cozy, that it is a pity to part with them, that is, to dissuade them ...
- For example, inexorable statistics and facts confirm that regular physical exercises, including morning jogs, not only do not increase life expectancy, but quite the contrary - reduce it.
- So does this mean that a lazy person, a drunkard and a smoker in a more favorable situation? Of course not! We consider here only a separate factor - regular physical loads, which are inherently a mechanism of wear. It should be noted that not without positive moments ...
- For example, the willpower, which is formed, and the endorphins that are released, which affect the positive attitude towards life, is good. Muscle tone and beautiful slender body is also good, but wear is bad.
If we could represent good and bad factors in numerical values, then the problem would have been solved long ago by the means of first-grade arithmetic. But in the problem under consideration, there are many individual parameters that have made it possible to make its decision not obvious.
- For example, the addiction to physical exercises, along with the encouragement of endorphins, creates the feeling of a "held day," without actually having done any useful work for the day.
- From the point of view of the development of willpower and other positive moments inherent in daily physical exercises, it would be more correct to run from one pedestrian crossing to another in order to help the weak people to cross the road.
- If a person is seriously engaged in daily physical stress, it is wasting energy comparable to the average volume of work on the premises during the day. In the long-term perspective, spent for physical education for a lifetime of strength would be enough to build a large stone mansion, including trimmed lawns in the summer and perfectly cleared snow in front of the house in winter.
- The diverse application of their life resources will require greater concentration and self-organization, which does not allow the brain to fall asleep again.
And for skeptical readers, let us clarify again that, of course, watching TV regularly on a couch with a bottle of beer (or even without) is much more harmful because of the general degradation of the mind and body than the daily exercise.
Heart, heart, what happened, what with you
With the help of physical education and even more sports can not get rid of diseases. Unfortunately, they can not completely protect themselves from cardiovascular risks.
For example, an excellent Soviet cardiac surgeon, Academician N.M. Amosov, all his life fled from the pathologies of the mid-vascular system and even summed up a solid theoretical basis for the assertion that regular exercise can prevent cardiovascular disasters and diseases. Unfortunately, nature played a cruel joke with the respected clinician, rewarding him in his old age with a weakness of the sinus node, which worn out despite the cardiac stresses that reduced the risk of atherosclerotic vascular changes. In 89 academician died of a heart attack. After him, there were diary entries, which detail the training, part of the experimental part of the extension of life.
Here, too, Astst shocks the imagination of the readers with a list of victims of the sports run:
- American sports journalist James Fix, the god of the marathon and health run.
- The author of the best-selling book "All About Running" fell victim to him, having died during a health run at the age of 52 years.
- Jack Kelly, the silver medalist in rowing, died of a heart attack.
- Emil Zatolek, being the world champion in athletics against the background of a heart attack did not live to 79 years.
- Russian Vladimir Kuts, the world record holder in the race joined the sad list in 48 years.
Acts also rest on the fact that life in cold climatic zones consumes vital forces at a frantic pace. The king of Russian fitness Vladimir Turchinsky - 46 years old death, former player of Moscow CSKA Sergei Filippenkov - 44.
Seven Rules of the Acta
The author of the book gives recommendations to his readers how to live long and healthy:
- Vigorously walk for 30 minutes four times a week. It is necessary to achieve that the pulse at the same time reaches 120 beats per minute and does not go off scale.
- Stretching for 15 minutes is useful three times a week.
- It is necessary to avoid stress or philosophically treat them.
- Learn your ideal weight and stick to it, avoiding overeating. Fast or fast once in seven days.
- Get enough sleep. Do not get up in the morning before twenty minutes past seven.
- Drag to the sunlight and try to stay warm more often.
- Appreciate idleness.
Adhering to such rules, a person, according to the act, can survive in a preserved state up to 130 years.
Complex stretching from Professor P.Aksta
Increasing the elasticity of muscles, stretching exercises teach a person to move plastic and protect him from domestic traumatism. With age, the elasticity of the ligamentous apparatus decreases, the mobility of the joints is limited, degenerative-dystrophic changes begin in them. Save the nutrition of articular cartilage, the normal mobility of the limbs and the elasticity of the ligaments allow simple exercises.
Before implementing them, it is worth remembering a few important recommendations.
- Stretch only the heated muscles. Otherwise, pain or injury can not be avoided.
- Exercises should be done without haste, given the initial capabilities of muscles and ligaments.
- Pain should not arise during classes.
- Each exercise takes 30 seconds.
- Each exercise is repeated twice.
- Breathing should be calm and rhythmic.
- Each stretching should be followed by a minute pause.
How to stretch the muscles of the shoulders, the back of the shoulder and back
Stand up straight. One hand to put on the back of the head. The second is slightly to press the elbow first and pull it to yourself. Restrain muscle tension for half a minute. Change hands. Repeat.
For pectoral muscles
Stand upright, place your arms horizontally in front of your chest, palms down. Bend your elbows and take your hands back for the body as much as possible. Hold the position for 3 seconds. Repeat the exercise.
Pull out your hands over your head, folding open hands with your hands. Lower the folded hands to the head, and then to the chest. Hold the position for 30 seconds. Repeat.
For buttocks and thighs
Sit on a chair. Put your right foot on the thigh of your left foot. With one hand, grab the ankle, the second is the knee. Then slowly pull the leg to the chest until the muscles of the buttocks strain. Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat for the other leg.
Stand in front of a chair with legs about shoulder width apart. Lean with your right hand on the back, bend your left leg to the back. With your left hand, clasp your toes. Pull the heel to the buttock to the tension of the muscles of the thigh. Hold the position for half a minute. Repeat for the other leg.
Elaboration of gastrocnemius muscles
Stand behind the chair. Lean your hands on the back. The left arm should be pulled back without lifting the foot from the floor. Bend the right leg to tension in the gastrocnemius muscle. Hold for 3 seconds. Change foot and repeat.
How much does fitness cost?
To date, a huge number of people who care about their health, leave huge amounts in gyms and paid groups, are spent for classes with an individual coach or attend public gyms. How much will they be able to add to their lives? You will be surprised, because it is not about ten or even about five years, but only two. At the same time, American cardiologist Jacobi estimated that during his life the average American, leading a healthy lifestyle, conducts these same two years in training.
Thus, the usual work at home, in the garden, walks with children or a dog is enough to get the necessary aerobic cardiac loads. The main thing is that outdoor walks are regular, and labor is not debilitating. By the way, Gerontologists have established that not only playing a musical instrument or studying foreign languages, but also regular physical activity allows the elderly to keep a sober mind and not suffer from dementia (senile dementia ).
Your opinion on the topic can be expressed in the comments!