A person plays an important role for a person, being the main sign of individuality. Not only emotions, but also age and state of health are reflected on the face. Seeing the first time a person, we instinctively note and notice three parts of the face - the nose, eyes and chin. It is about the chin that will be discussed in this article, or rather, the second chin, which distorts the external features of the face, adds age and in general looks unaesthetic.
A double chin is formed by fat and skin folds and is localized under the edge of the lower jaw and can sag up to the neck. Its appearance is not always related to age-related changes, and the correction requires time, effort, and considerable expense. A number of corrective techniques are available for independent use, so you can try to get rid of the second chin without the cost of expensive procedures.
Causes of the second chin
- Hereditary predisposition. Individual features of the metabolism and structure of the skin, slow biosynthesis of proteins, leading to inhibition of the processes of collagen formation, lead to the fact that the skin in the chin begins to sag at a young age. And if the genetic features are amplified by external factors, the problem becomes apparent very early.
- , подъязычной кости и шеи. Features of the structure of the lower jaw , hyoid bone and neck. A smoothed chin, a low located hyoid bone and a short neck are also factors contributing to sagging of tissues.
- на фоне слабости мышечного корсета спины либо из-за привычки сутулиться, низко опускать голову, сидячей работы и т.д. Violation of posture on the background of weakness of the muscular system of the back or due to the habit of slouching, lowering the head, sedentary work, etc. This creates an increased load on elastin and collagen fibers, and they, in turn, are less likely to hold subcutaneous fatty tissue.
- лица как следствие замедления естественной регенерации и питания в коже и тканях. An age-related decrease in the elasticity of the skin of the face as a result of the slowing down of the natural regeneration and nutrition in the skin and tissues. A drier and slacker sags more easily under the forces of gravity, and a decrease in the tone of the muscle tissue of the lower face contributes to this even more. Especially the sad picture occurs when the weakness of the subcutaneous cervical muscle, coupled with obesity - formed "turkey neck", which is not easy to remove.
- , малоподвижный образ жизни практически всегда сопровождаются формированием жировых отложений в области шеи и нижней челюсти. Obesity , sedentary lifestyle is almost always accompanied by the formation of fat deposits in the neck and lower jaw. Moreover, the chin-neck region is the so-called “fat trap”, i.e. a place where fat is very easily stored and leaves very hard.
- . Dramatic weight loss . The formation of excess skin that is not capable of contraction following the loss of fat is manifested by sagging of tissues under the forces of gravity.
- . Violations of the hormonal background . Against the background of an imbalance of hormones, redistribution of adipose tissue may occur with the deposition of fat in the chin area. For women, the critical periods are pregnancy and menopause.
- , в частности, гипо- и гипертиреоз. Diseases of the endocrine system , in particular, hypo-and hyperthyroidism. A lack of thyroid hormones leads to obesity and fat deposition in the "traps". An excess of hormones is characterized by an increase in thyroid gland, which visually appears through the skin with the formation of goiter. The second chin is characteristic of patients with diabetes mellitus, especially with the experience, when there is a significant excess of body weight and severe pancreatic insufficiency.
If two or three reasons for the appearance of a second chin coincide, it is clear that the problem becomes even more serious.
How to remove the second chin
The approach to correcting this aesthetic problem is always individual and depends on the reasons that led to a cosmetic defect. Most often, the correction is an integrated approach and includes several methods, some of which will have to be used throughout life.
- , которое включает контроль веса и его снижение в случае ожирения, достаточную физическую активность и контроль осанки. Lifestyle changes , which include weight control and its reduction in the case of obesity, sufficient physical activity and posture control. It should be remembered that you can not dramatically lose weight, because the problem will only get worse. It is necessary to refuse high pillows, giving preference to orthopedic models.
- . Regular care of the neck and chin area . One of the common mistakes of many women, paying attention to the skin of the face, eyelids, but forgetting about the lower areas. The skin of the chin and neck also needs moisturizing, nourishing and toning. Making different masks, you should remember about the chin zone.
Effective exercises or how to remove the second chin at home
Facial gymnastics includes a number of special exercises designed to strengthen the muscular structures of the lower part of the face and neck, improve blood circulation, tighten the skin and improve its elastic properties. They should be performed every day for a month, repeating a course 2-3 times a year to maintain the effect achieved.
Walking with weight on the head
As a weight, you can use a book that should be worn on your head for 10 minutes every day, strictly following your posture and keeping your nose upright.
You should imagine that there is a load on the chin. Mentally, this load needs to be lifted slowly, head thrown back, and also slowly return to its original position. Make 5-6 repetitions.
Sticking out your tongue, you should try to reach the tip of the nose, and then - to the maximum possible low point on the chin. Repeat 10 times. Another effective exercise is drawing a figure-eight in the air with your tongue. Repeat 10 times.
In the position with the head thrown back you should try to stretch the lower lip on the upper one, after which the lower lip should be pulled as far as possible down towards the chin. Repeat 10 times.
Fists of both hands should support the chin from below and try to lower the head down, while preventing yourself with fists. Repeat 10 times.
It is necessary to maximally strain the facial muscles and pronounce the sounds of Y, I. with effort.
Turns and tilts of the head
Do bends and turns of the head in different directions, repeating several times.
Exercises from a prone position
Lie on a flat surface and throw your hands behind your head. Tear off the head from the surface with tension and effort, look at the toes. There should be a feeling that the body is heavy. After 60 seconds, return to its original position. Repeat 10 times.
— легкое, безболезненное похлопывание тыльной стороной ладони по шее в области нижней челюсти 5-10 раз ежедневно. Self - massage is a light, painless slap of the back of the hand on the neck in the lower jaw 5-10 times daily. Pinch tricks are also allowed. More suitable for prevention, but in complex use is also quite good.
— Струю воды из душа направить на проблемную область и производить движения от центра подбородочной зоны в стороны. Hydromassage and contrasting water procedures - Direct a stream of water from the shower to the problem area and make movements from the center of the chin zone to the side.
After such a massage, it is good to make contrast gadgets of salt water, alternately laying napkins on the chin, moistened first in warm and then cold solution (the final lotion should be cold).
Also as a basis for lotions you can use the infusion of medicinal herbs (chamomile, mint, lime blossom, sage, parsley). You can make ice from the infusion and rub the skin with grass cubes in the morning and evening.
All masks require regular use, at least 2 times a week. It is better to carry out the procedure for the night and complete its treatment of the skin with ice cubes from herbal infusion.
- . Yeast mask . 1 tbsp. dry yeast is diluted with warm milk until a slurry is formed, which is kept warm for 10-15 minutes, and then applied to the neck and lower part of the face for half an hour.
- . Lemon mask . Juice of one lemon and 1 tbsp. salts are added to 1 cup of warm water, mixed, wetted with gauze in solution and placed on the problem area for 15 minutes. In the same solution, you can moisten the elastic bandage and tie their chin, but not squeezing the fabric.
- Potato mask. Make mashed boiled potatoes and dilute it with warm milk, add 1 tbsp to the composition. honey and heat applied to the skin of the neck and face for 10-20 minutes.
- . Mask from yeast dough . The easiest way is to buy ready-made dough in the store, wrap the neck and chin with it on the principle of a scarf and stand until it starts to harden (15-20 minutes).
They should be used in conjunction with other measures in order to achieve a good result in a short time. The choice of procedures is always individual and depends on the initial state of the human skin, taking into account possible contraindications.
- — при помощи специального прибора и электродов оказывается воздействие на нервные окончания, что приводит к активному сокращению мышечных волокон, улучшению тока крови и обменных процессов, сокращению объема жировой ткани и улучшению тонуса кожи. Myostimulation - with the help of a special device and electrodes, the nerve endings are affected, which leads to active reduction of muscle fibers, improvement of blood flow and metabolic processes, reduction of adipose tissue and improvement of skin tone. Otherwise, the procedure is referred to as a massage for the lazy, because The effect is similar to an ordinary manual massage.
- — безоперационный лифтинг при помощи специальных составов-биокомплексов помогает подтянуть кожу и улучшить ее состояние, уменьшить объем жировой ткани. Lifting - non-invasive lifting with the help of special compounds-biocomplexes helps tighten the skin and improve its condition, reduce the amount of adipose tissue.
- — инъекционное введение в область второго подбородка препаратов, приводящих к подтяжке тканей. Mesotherapy is an injection injection into the area of the second chin of drugs leading to a tissue lift. Vitamin cocktails, hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin, carbon dioxide, as well as fat burners are used.
- — воздействие на область подбородка высокоинтенсивным световым потоком (длинна волны от 400-500 до 1200 нм). Photorejuvenation - impact on the chin area with a high-intensity luminous flux (wavelength from 400-500 to 1200 nm). The production of neocollagen and elastin is activated, gravitational ptosis and the amount of adipose tissue are reduced, muscles are toned.
- — введение под кожу подбородочной области озоно-кислородной смеси, которая активирует обменные процессы в клетках. Ozone therapy - the introduction under the skin of the chin region of the ozone-oxygen mixture, which activates metabolic processes in cells. The skin noticeably tightens and becomes more elastic.
- — разжижение жировых отложений подбородочной области с последующим выведением продуктов распада жира через лимфу и венозную кровь. Ultrasonic cavitation is a liquefaction of fatty deposits in the submental area, followed by elimination of fat breakdown products through the lymph and venous blood.
- — подтяжка кожи подбородка, липолиз подкожного жира, и стимуляция выработки коллагена и эластина при воздействии электромагнитного излучения в диапазоне 300МГц-4кГЦ. Radiofrequency lifting - tightening the skin of the chin, lipolysis of subcutaneous fat, and stimulating the production of collagen and elastin when exposed to electromagnetic radiation in the range of 300 MHz-4 kHz.
- — тепловое воздействие, оказывающее эффект лифтинга (активация синтеза коллагена, эластина, образования новых клеток), т.е. Fractional laser is a thermal effect that has a lifting effect (activation of the synthesis of collagen, elastin, the formation of new cells), i.e. working with muscle tissue and skin, but not affecting body fat.
- — активное воздействие на кожу специальным прибором приводит к сокращению мышц, улучшению тонуса кожи и разрушению подкожного жира. Vacuum massage - an active effect on the skin with a special device leads to muscle contraction, improved skin tone and destruction of subcutaneous fat.
- — эффективен в качестве профилактики и при начальном провисании тканей. Manual massage is effective as a prophylaxis and with the initial sagging of tissues. Manual effect has lymphatic drainage, tonic and activating effects.
- — самые эффективные маски – это альгинатная, водорослевая, солевая, а также маски из косметической глины. Salon masks - the most effective masks are alginate, algal, saline, as well as masks from cosmetic clay. These compounds differ in that they create compression, causing the muscles and skin to contract, and the blood to circulate faster, as a result of which the metabolism is accelerated, which means that the growth of new cells is activated.
Methods of surgical intervention are radical measures, however, and one of the most effective in the advanced stages of the problem, allowing you to remove the second chin in just a week. The choice of correction method depends on the individual characteristics, the severity of the aesthetic problem and contraindications. After the intervention, a certain amount of time (from several days to several weeks) the patient must wear a special compression bandage.
It should be understood that the region of the neck and the second chin is not the best area for surgical interventions. It is a host of nerve fibers and blood vessels, damage to which is dangerous. If you can get by with conservative methods, you should not go under the surgeon’s knife and put your life in danger.
Minimally invasive corrective technique to remove excess subcutaneous fat from the problem area. Mini incisions of up to 0.5 cm in diameter are made on the skin, so there is no scar after the intervention. Excess fat is destroyed and excreted. The operation solves the problem of obesity of the chin zone, but after its implementation correction of weakened muscles and sagging skin is required.
Implantation in the neck muscles of special threads made of biodegradable material, which strengthen the weakened muscle tissue and correct the drooping tissue. The operation is indicated for weakness of the muscular floor of the mouth.
Methods of surgical correction of the chin, which lead to a decrease or increase in its volume, are shown in the case of the anatomical features of the structure of the face and neck. The profile and proportions of the face are improved, a beautiful contour is formed and the chin area is corrected due to the redistribution of tissues.
In bone grafting, the bone tissue itself is exposed, but cuts are made in the oral cavity so that there are no postoperative scars. The procedure can be combined with the removal of excess skin and fat.
A less traumatic technique is the implantation of silicone facial implants from biocompatible materials into the chin area, the size and shape of which is selected individually. This operation also allows you to reduce or completely eliminate the second chin due to the redistribution of tissues.
General contraindications for surgical correction of a second chin
- Blood disorders;
- Oncological diseases;
- Severe hypertension;
- Thyroid disease;
- Acute infectious diseases and exacerbation of chronic pathologies;
- Age (mostly, not earlier than 18-25 years);
- Pregnancy, lactation.
Double Chin Prevention
Prevention of aesthetic problems arises from the causes of its occurrence. Those. the maximum elimination of factors and causes that can lead to changes in the shape of the face, a healthy lifestyle and maintaining weight in normal conditions will avoid the formation of a second chin. Do not forget about the regular care of the chin area, self-massage, water procedures and homemade masks.