Everyone knows that cholesterol promotes the formation of cholesterol plaques in the walls of blood vessels, which are dangerous because they create favorable conditions for thrombus formation as a result of their cracking. That is, in the place where a lot of cholesterol has settled, a plaque forms, which gradually narrows the lumen of the vessel, and when cracked, promotes the formation of a thrombus in this place. The formed thrombus can burst, which leads to such vascular catastrophes as:
- myocardial infarction
- pulmonary embolism
- sudden coronary death.
Studies of specialists indicate that in countries where the population has an average high cholesterol, there is a higher incidence of various cardiovascular diseases. However, not everything is so unambiguously and categorically "blaming" this one for the elevated level of cholesterol alone.
In an effort to reduce its level in the blood, do not forget that it forms cell membranes, the walls of the vessel, and "patches" the defects of the vascular wall, and 90% of it accumulates in the tissues. And if its level is low, any vascular defect can lead to the same hemorrhagic stroke or the same heart attack (see the norm of bad and good cholesterol in the blood ).
For normal life of the body, for growth and maintenance in the tone of muscle mass, low-density fat cells (bad cholesterol) are needed, with deficiency of which there is weakness, swelling, muscle pain (myalgia), muscular dystrophy. Low cholesterol increases the risk of developing anemia, diseases of the nervous system, liver, and even suicide and early death.
Thus, the time when cholesterol reduced everything to everyone, has passed. After scandalous exposures of the English medical journal of firms producing cholesterol-lowering statins and supporting their researchers, even cardiologists are wary of cardinal fall of cholesterol in the blood and body (see statins are dangerous for health ).
Therefore, dietary measures to reduce cholesterol should be prescribed by a doctor under strict indications. To overdo it in this area is also bad, just like not controlling.
To monitor the level of cholesterol is necessary, especially for people with excess weight, with heart disease, hypertension, men and women after 40 years. Maintain a normal level of lipids with diet and active lifestyle. And if the level is already increased, how to lower cholesterol without drugs? What foods reduce cholesterol in the blood?
Methods for reducing blood cholesterol without drugs
The use of products that reduce cholesterol in the daily diet is certainly the main among all possible options to combat high levels of lipids. Now we will talk about other, no less important ways to reduce cholesterol without drugs.
Not many people know that a low level of good, "useful" cholesterol, plays a crucial role in the development of atherosclerosis, the obstruction of blood vessels, because this kind of cholesterol fights with the formation of notorious plaques. Therefore, a decrease in its level in combination with increased "bad" cholesterol is the most dangerous combination that increases the risk of atherosclerosis and CVD.
Raise the level of "good" cholesterol and reduce the "bad" can be through exercise
Famous cardiologists all over the world claim that exercise reduces the accumulation of cholesterol blocks in the arteries:
- Statins for lowering cholesterol
- Causes of High Cholesterol
- Elevated cholesterol in the blood-myths and reality
- How to lower cholesterol in the blood - drugs, products
- Cholesterol: the norm in women and men
- Atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels - symptoms, treatment
- How to clean blood vessels from cholesterol plaques
- Physical exercises are able to purify the blood from excessive intake of fat with food. If the lipids can not stay in the vessels for a long time, they have no chance of settling on their walls. Moreover, it is running that promotes a rapid reduction in the arteries of the level of fat obtained from food. According to experts, runners are 70% faster and better able to get rid of fats in the vessels than people who are just doing physical exercises.
- Even if you just keep the body, muscle mass toned with physical labor in the fresh air at the cottage, with gymnastics, bodyflex, dances and just long walks in the park zone - it gives a positive mood, a feeling of joy, happiness, and increases emotional, and muscular tone. What has only a positive effect on the state of the vessels.
- For the elderly or, already suffering from various diseases of blood vessels and heart, a daily 40 minute moderate walk reduces by 50% the risk of death from a stroke or heart attack. However, in elderly people, when walking, the pulse should not increase from usual more than 15 beats per minute (see also pain in the region of the heart ). In everything, one should observe the measure and excessive loads can worsen the condition and reduce the production of useful cholesterol.
If the fat deposits of a woman or a man are concentrated in the waist area and the body resembles an apple, and not a pear, it is a risk factor for the development of diabetes mellitus, angina pectoris, hypertension and atherosclerosis. The maximum permissible waist in a man is 94 cm, in a woman 84 cm, the ratio of the circumference of the thighs to the waist is also important, in a woman it is no more than 0.8, for a man 0.95. Exceeding these figures is the reason for the beginning of the fight against overweight.
Alcohol in moderate doses, good green tea, juice therapy and smoking cessation
- We will not talk much about the dangers of smoking
This is an obvious reason for the deterioration in quality, life expectancy in both women and men. Everyone knows that this harmful habit affects the whole body, there is no such organ that would not be exposed to harmful effects of tobacco smoking - it's the brain, kidneys, liver and bladder, blood vessels and sex glands. In addition to increasing the risk of developing atherosclerosis, smoking actively helps to grow cancer cells in the body. In addition, modern cigarettes contain a minimum of tobacco and a maximum of other harmful substances, carcinogens (see the video of what modern cigarettes are made of ).
You need to know! In tobacco smoke there is a sufficient amount of tobacco tar, which consists of substances that cause cancer in humans and animals. It is enough to smear the ear of a rabbit with such tar several times, and the animal later develops a cancerous tumor.
With alcohol, the situation is slightly different, it is natural that excessive use of it destroys the entire body, and the pancreas, and the liver, and the cardiovascular system. As for the periodic use of 50 gr. strong quality alcohol or a glass of red dry wine - for the growth of good cholesterol and reduce harmful - this is a controversial opinion. There are both supporters of this method of reducing cholesterol (the main condition is - no more than 50 grams of strong and 200 grams of weak alcoholic beverage), and its opponents.
So, for example, the Association of Cardiology in the US does not recommend anyone to use wine and spirits as a beverage - a product that reduces cholesterol in the blood. Categorically excluded is a method of controlling cholesterol for people with hypertension, diabetes or other diseases, in which drinking is not permissible.
- Green tea
Excluding coffee and replacing it with quality non-strong green tea, you can reduce cholesterol by 15% (but not packaged, see the harm of tea in bags ). Flavonoids that are contained in green tea contribute to the strengthening of capillaries, and the daily moderate consumption of quality tea also reduces the amount of harmful lipids and increases the level of good cholesterol in the blood.
This is one of the methods to reduce cholesterol without drugs. Randomly, nutritionists discovered an amazing property of juice therapy to reduce cholesterol. Having developed a course of fighting cellulite , they found the ability of such treatment to reduce the amount of fat in the blood. For 5 days of intake of vegetable and fruit juices you can reduce cholesterol without drugs, naturally the juice should be freshly squeezed (see the harm of store juice ):
- 1 day: celery juice 70 gr. + carrot juice 130 g.
- Day 2: Beet juice 70 g. + carrot juice - 100 g + cucumber juice 70gr. Beet juice can not be consumed immediately after pressing, it should be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, so that harmful substances will escape from it.
- Day 3: apple juice 70 g. + celery juice 70 gr. + carrot juice 130 g.
- Day 4: cabbage juice 50 g. + carrot juice 130 g.
- Day 5: Orange juice 130 g.
Some folk remedies in the fight against cholesterol
There are countless different national recipes that cleanse the walls of arteries that positively influence the general state of human health, but not all methods of traditional medicine are suitable for everyone, since many people can have increased individual sensitivity, possible allergic reactions to certain medicinal herbs or foods. Therefore, it is necessary to observe the measure and caution in any treatment, even in popular, proven ways:
- : семена укропа 0,5 стакан, корень валерианы 1 ст. You will need : dill seeds 0,5 glass, valerian root 1 tbsp. spoon, 1 cup of honey. Shredded root, dill and honey should be well mixed. Then add 1 liter of boiling water to the mixture, allow to stand for 24 hours. The received infusion to keep in a refrigerator and to use on 1 item. spoon 3 times a day for 30 minutes before eating.
- : оливковое масло 2 стакана, зубчики чеснока 10 шт. You will need : olive oil 2 cups, cloves garlic 10 pcs. This is a fairly simple way to create garlic oil, which can be used for any dish, like seasoning to salads and other products. You just need to peel the garlic, squeeze it through the garlic press (garlic crock) and insist on olive oil for a week - excellent garlic butter that reduces cholesterol without drugs, on your table.
- : 350 г чеснока, 200 гр. You will need : 350 grams of garlic, 200 g. alcohol. This is enough to make garlic tincture, this amount of garlic is better chopped in a meat grinder and pour a glass of alcohol or vodka, let it brew in a dark place for 10 days. Use this odorous product gradually, starting with 2 drops, bringing up to 15-20 drops for a week, 3 times a day before meals, better diluting the tincture with milk. Then also finish the reception with 20 drops to 2 within the next week. This method should not be repeated often, only once in 3 years.
What foods reduce cholesterol in the blood
Among the fruits is the richest fruit for the presence of phytosterols, in 100 grams of this product contains 76 mg. beta-sitosterol. That is, if you eat 7 tablespoons or half of avocados per day for 21 days - it reduces the level of triglycerides, total cholesterol by 8% and increases the amount of useful HDL cholesterol by 15%.
The following plant foods are also rich in phytosterols - plant sterols, which control lower cholesterol in the blood. The use of these products, for example, 60 grams of almonds daily increases the useful cholesterol by 6%, and reduces the harmful by 7%.
|Product name||The amount of phytosterol per 100 grams|
|Wheat germ||400 mg|
|Bran brown rice||400 mg|
|Sesame seeds||400 mg|
|Sunflower seeds||300 mg|
|Pumpkin seeds||265 mg|
|Pine nuts||200 mg|
|Olive oil||150 mg|
- Olive oil
In one tablespoon contains 22 mg of phytosterols, which positively affects the ratio of cholesterol in the blood. You can also use olive oil as a substitute for saturated fats, while reducing the amount of bad cholesterol by 18%. The ability to reduce inflammation and relaxation of the endothelium on the walls of the arteries is unrefined olive oil (see olive oil - benefit and harm ), and if possible, it is better to use it.
- Wild salmon and sardines - cod liver oil
This is the record for the content of Omega 3 - very useful fatty acids, in addition, sardines and wild salmon, in contrast to other marine fish, contain the least amount of mercury. In red salmon - sockeye, a lot of astaxanthin, this is a powerful antioxidant, but unfortunately sockeye salmon practically does not lend itself to breeding in fish farms. The American Association for the Study of CVD strongly recommends regular consumption of fish oil, a natural statin, for reducing cholesterol, since the omega-3 contained therein regulates the production of lipids.
It should be borne in mind that the use of any fried fish negates all of its useful properties, as all useful substances are destroyed. So it is better to use it in a boiled or baked form, we generally will not talk about cooking in a microwave oven, everyone knows about the dangers of any food exposed to microwaves.
- Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, lingonberries, chokeberry, pomegranate, red grapes
They contain polyphenols, which also stimulate the production of useful cholesterol in the blood of HDL. If you consume 150 grams of any of these berries in the form of puree, juice - nectar for 2 months, good cholesterol can increase by 5%. The champion among these berries is cranberry juice, a month after daily consumption of a small amount of juice per day, the level of useful cholesterol is increased by 10%, it also contains a lot of antioxidants, which also contribute to the purification of the body and prevent the development of malignant tumors. The use of juices can be combined: blueberry + grape, pomegranate + cranberry.
All fruits of purple, blue, red contain polyphenols, stimulating the production of useful cholesterol.
- Oat flakes and whole grains
This is a healthy way to lower cholesterol. If you overcome the old habit, for example, breakfast with sandwiches, but smoothly switch to morning oat flakes, and also eat foods containing whole grains (rye, wheat, barley, buckwheat, millet), the abundance of cellulose will positively affect not only the level of cholesterol, but also on the state of the gastrointestinal tract and the whole organism as a whole.
- Flax seeds
It can also be called a strong natural statin, as the flax seed contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help normalize cholesterol levels.
The source of this substance is sugar cane. It is produced as a dietary supplements in capsules, it prevents the formation of blood clots, reducing the level of LDL, regulating blood pressure, also contributes to weight loss in obesity.
- Beans and soy products
They reduce cholesterol in the blood due to the abundant content of soluble fiber in them, in addition, the protein content, these products can replace red meat, harmful to the heart and blood vessels. You can eat products from fermented soy - Tempe, miso, tofu.
This is a powerful natural statin, garlic slows the production of low density lipoproteins, but to feel the effect, it should be consumed for a sufficiently long time at least a month or even 3 months. The disadvantage of this product is that not everyone can use sharp spices (with gastritis, ulcers, etc. gastrointestinal diseases, garlic is contraindicated).
- Red fermented rice
In Asian cuisine, the extract of red fermented rice used to be used as a flavor and color. It was then found that monacoline K (a byproduct of fermentation) reduces the level of triglycerides, but now the sale of this natural statin is prohibited in some countries.
- White cabbage
For Russians, this is the most affordable and simple product that is always in the house. Among other vegetables that can reduce cholesterol and remove it from the body, it leads. And, its use is useful in any form - and sour, and stewed, and fresh - it should be in the diet of a person who wants to lower cholesterol, at least 100 grams daily.
- Commisson of mucus and yellow-root Canadian (curcumin)
The comma muffle is an Arab myrtle or a guggul, the plant contains a sufficient amount of a healing resin that reduces cholesterol. Sell komiforu in capsules or tablets. Curcumin (yellow-root Canadian) also effectively reduces cholesterol.
- Greenery in any form
Artichoke, spinach, lettuce, parsley, dill, onion - leafy vegetables, greens, are rich in lutein, food fibers, carotenoids, which lower cholesterol of low density and reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Replace plain white bread, rolls and cookies with oatmeal cookies, bread with bran, coarse grind, whole grain crackers.
- Grape seed oil and rice bran also improve the correct ratio of bad and good cholesterol.
- Sea-buckthorn, apricots, dried apricots, prunes, carrots, onions and garlic are also very affordable products for every Russian, reducing cholesterol.
- Red grapes, red wine, peanuts - contain resveratrol, which also contributes to improving good and lowering bad cholesterol.
Menu with products that lower cholesterol
- Овсяные хлопья, или отварной коричневый рис, или любая злаковая каша с оливковым маслом, омлет из яичных белков
- Ячменный кофе, цикорий с молоком, зеленый чай, можно с медом.
- Хлеб цельнозерновой с отрубями, овсяное печенье
Ланч: Яблоко, любые фрукты, ягоды, отвар шиповника, крекеры из цельного зерна
- Вегетарианский овощной суп — морковь, горошек, картошка, лук, стручковая фасоль, кукуруза
- Рыба запеченная или отварная с любым овощным салатом
- Морковный, гранатовый, клюквенный сок — любой фруктовый или овощной свежевыжатый сок
- Хлеб цельнозерновой пшеничный
Полдник: фрукты 2 шт, или салат из моркови с оливковым маслом
- Пюре картофельное с постной говядиной отварной
- Нежирный творог
- Зеленый чай, можно с медом или молоком
- Постное печенье типа «Мария»
Перед сном: Кефир или простокваша