Cycloferon is a popular antiviral drug of domestic production, which increases the resistance of the body. It is a high-molecular activator of interferon formation and has a broad spectrum of pharmacological activity.
The high therapeutic activity of the drug is due to the spectrum of biological action. Effective in the treatment of diseases of the viral nature, including influenza, also the administration of cycloferon in certain bacterial infections is also practiced, as an immunostimulant. It is traditionally used in immunodeficiencies of varying severity, including HIV infection. Characterized anti-carcinogenic effect and inhibits the development of autoimmune reactions, which further expands the therapeutic spectrum of the drug.
Cycloferon is present in the pharmaceutical market for more than 20 years, it has an affordable price in its segment and is the drug of choice for immunodeficiencies, as well as for diseases of the viral nature.
Composition, physicochemical properties, price
The drug is produced in 3 dosage forms: liniment for topical external application, oral tablets and parenteral solution.
|Tablets Cycloferon / 150 mg||A solution of 12.5% in ampoules||Liniment 5%|
|Base material||Meglumine acridon acetate - 150 mg in 1 tablet||Meglumine acridon acetate - 125 mg in 1 ml||Meglumine acridon acetate - 50 mg in 1 ml|
|Auxiliary components||Povidone - 7.93 mg, propylene glycol 1.79 mg, calcium stearate 3.07 mg, polysorbate 0.27 mg, methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate copolymer 23.21 mg, hypromellose 2.73 mg||Water d / and up to a volume of 1 ml||Benzalkonium chloride 0.1 mg, up to 1 ml of 1,2-propylene glycol|
|Physico-chemical properties||The tablets are yellow biconvex, round, covered with enteric coating||Transparent, yellow solution||Yellow clear liquid with a specific odor|
|Packaging||On 10 and 20 tablets. in cell packs, packs of cardboard.||For 2 ml in ampoules made of brown or clear glass, placed in a cell box and cardboard packs.||For 5 and 30 ml in tubes, a dosage of 30 ml - with vaginal applicators. In cardboard packages.|
|Price||№ 10: 145-190 rub.||№ 5: 300-350 rub.||30 ml: 380-400 rub.|
Cycloferon has 2 pronounced effects: antiviral and immunomodulating, as well as anti-inflammatory, antiproliferative (overwhelmingly excessive cell growth) and antitumor effect. In the body meglumine acridonacetate potentiates the synthesis and accumulation in the organs and tissues of significant titers of α and β interferons. The greatest content of interferons is noted in structures rich in lymphoid tissue: spleen, lungs, intestinal mucosa, liver.
Cycloferon activates bone marrow stem cells, provides the formation of granulocytes. Normalizes the ratio of antigen-suppressing T suppressors and T-helpers that enhance the adaptive immune response. Activates killer cells and T-lymphocytes. This effect is especially important in immunodeficiencies of a different nature, since it leads to a correction of the immune status. Penetrates into the brain tissue.
- leads to marked improvement in common viral diseases like influenza, herpes, enterovirus infection, and with less common pathologies: tick-borne encephalitis, hepatitis, cytomegalovirus and papillomatous infections;
- normalizes the immune status in HIV-infected people;
- has antimicrobial and anti-chlamydial action;
- prevents the onset of tumor processes due to antimetastatic and anticarcinogenic effects;
- suppresses autoimmune reactions, thereby reducing the severity of pain and inflammatory phenomena in rheumatic diseases and systemic pathologies of connective tissue;
- causes an improvement in the balance of immunity, with topical application characterized by antiproliferative action and rapid elimination of inflammation.
After oral intake in 2-3 hours reaches the maximum plasma concentration. Gradually the concentration of the drug is reduced and after a day of cycloferon is detected in the body in a residual amount.
Tablets are prescribed in complex therapy in adults with:
- influenza and ARI;
- OCI of viral etiology;
- Neuroinfections, including tick-borne borreliosis and encephalitis, serous meningitis;
- secondary immunodeficiency against a background of chronic infections caused by fungi and bacteria;
- hepatitis C and B (chronic);
- HIV infection in stages 2A-3B;
In children, cycloferon tablets are used as part of complex therapy with:
- infections of herpetic etiology;
- hepatitis C and B (both acute and chronic);
- HIV infection in stages 2A-3B;
- viral intestinal infections;
- ARI and influenza, as well as for their prevention.
The solution, as a drug of complex therapy, is indicated for the treatment of adult patients under the following conditions:
- HIV infection in stages 2A-3B;
- hepatitis C, D, A, B;
- systemic connective tissue diseases and rheumatic diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, SLE);
- Neuroinfections, incl. in tick-borne borreliosis and encephalitis, serous meningitis;
- infections caused by cytomegalovirus and herpes virus;
- secondary immunodeficiency due to fungal and bacterial infections, acute and chronic;
- chlamydial infections;
- pathologies of the joints (degenerative-dystrophic), incl. with deforming osteoarthritis.
In children from 4 years, the parenteral administration of cycloferon is indicated when:
- hepatitis of viral C, A, D, GP and B;
- HIV infection (stage 2A-3B);
- herpetic infection.
Liniment tsikloferon is a component of complex therapy and is applied topically in adults with:
- herpetic infection;
- vaginosis nonspecific and vagititis bacterial;
- urethritis specific (gonorrheal, candidal, chlamydial, trichomonas), balanoposthitis, as well as with nonspecific urethritis.
- Cirrhosis of the liver decompensated - for tablets and solution;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of all dosage forms;
- Children under 4 years (solution and tablets) and up to 18 years (liniment);
It is used with caution in erosions, gastritis, stomach ulcers / duodenal ulcers, duodenitis in the acute stage, as well as with severe allergic reactions.
Treatment with solution and tablets for thyroid dysfunction should be conducted with the participation and control of the endocrinologist.
Instructions for the use of cycloferon
Tablets, for adults
The drug is taken once / day, half an hour before meals, without crushing and washing down with water. The dose depends on the disease and age.
- Herpetic infection. In a dose of 2-4 tablets. according to the scheme: on the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 20th and 23rd days - this is the basic scheme suitable for most pathologies. On course treatment - 20-40 tablets. Begin treatment for exacerbation of the disease;
- ARI and influenza. Adults on 2-4 tablets. once / day, 10-20 tablets. on the course with the first symptoms. In case of severe influenza, a single dose increases to 6 tablets. Assign and other drugs for symptomatic treatment (antipyretic, etc.);
- Chronic hepatitis C and B. By 4 tab. according to the basic scheme, then - 4 tables. once in 3-5 days about 3.5 months. The course requires 100-150 tab. In the treatment of hepatitis C or mixed infection, repeated courses are prescribed, in combination with other antiviral and interferon;
- Intestinal infections (as a component of complex treatment): 2 tablets. for admission to the basic scheme up to the 8th day, and from the 11th - to 4 tables;
- Neuroinfections. In a dose of 4 tablets. according to the basic scheme, then - 4 tables. in 5 days. The course of treatment 2.5 months;
- HIV infection. In a dose of 4 tablets. according to the basic scheme, then in the same dose 1 time in 3-5 days for 2.5 months. After 2-3 weeks, repeat the course (the course takes 100-150 tablets);
- Immunodeficiencies. According to 2 tables. according to the basic scheme.
How to take tsikloferon in childhood
The drug is taken once in a day., Half an hour before a meal, washed down with water.
- Children 4-6 years: for admission to 1 table;
- Children 7-11 years: to receive 2 tablets each;
- Children from 12 years: to receive 3 tablets.
Treatment scheme depends on the pathology:
- Acute viral hepatitis C, B: recommended dose by age twice in 1 day, then go to three times a day after 48 hours, and then - 5 72 hours;
- Chronic viral hepatitis C and B: in recommended doses by age 48 hours, on a course of 50-150 tablets;
- HIV infection: dose at 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20 days, then on a supportive schedule once every 3-5 days for 5 months;
- Herpetic infection: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14 days - in the age-related dose, then - based on the severity of the pathology;
- Intestinal infections: once per day. in the age-related dose for 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11 days (6-18 tablets per course);
- Influenza and acute respiratory infections: in age-related doses with a daily interval, 5-9 cycles of cycloferon for treatment;
- During the unfavorable situation of influenza and other ARVIs for their prevention: the age dose, which is taken on days 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, and then 5 times in 72 hours. Preventive course: 10-30 tablets.
Scheme of cycloferon injection in adults
The solution is administered iv or IM once a day. according to the basic scheme: for 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29 day. The dose depends on the pathology.
- Viral hepatitis B, A, D, C. A single dose of 250-500 mg, for a course the total total dose of 2.5-5 g. A total of 10 injections, after 2 weeks. the course is repeated;
- Infections associated with herpes and cytomegalovirus: 10 injections of 250 mg (total dose per course of 2.5 grams). It works most effectively in the treatment at the onset of an exacerbation;
- Neuroinfections. 12 injections in a dose of 250-500 mg. Treatment is combined with etiotropic therapy. Total dose: 3-6 g. Re-treatment is allowed;
- HIV infection. Single dose - 500 mg, injected / m 10 injections according to the basic scheme. Supportive treatment, which is prescribed after the course: 500 mg once every 5 days 2.5 months. 30 days after graduation - a re-therapeutic course;
- Chlamydial infections. For 250 mg, 10 injections per course. Repeated treatment is carried out after 2 weeks. after the end of the course. In this case, it is recommended to use cycloferon along with antibiotics;
- Immunodeficiency conditions. By 250 mg intramuscularly, 10 injections. In 6-12 months. recommended a second course;
- Systemic pathology of connective tissue and rheumatic diseases. 5 injections for 4 courses (10-14 days), in a single dose of 250 mg. Repeated courses are prescribed by a doctor;
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system degenerative-dystrophic. For 250 mg - 2 courses of 5 injections, with an interval of 10-14 days;
Scheme of cycloferon injection in children
The dose of cycloferon solution is calculated individually: 6-10 mg / kg of body weight of the child. Enter intramuscularly or intravenously, once a day.
- Acute hepatitis B, C, A, GP, D and mixed forms: dose, based on body weight, which is administered at 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 days. If the infection persists after 14 days, repeat the same procedure;
- Chronic hepatitis C, B, GP, D. The dose by weight of the body, which is administered on the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th day, is then assigned a maintenance schedule for 3 months to 1 injections after 3 days;
- HIV infection. Enter the scheme of therapy for hepatitis chronic, then: the supporting scheme once in 5 days 3 months;
- Herpetic infection. The dose calculated for weight is administered on 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23-day, after to maintain the effect: 1 injection every 5 days.
Scheme of cycloferon - topical application
- Herpetic infection. Liniment is applied to the affected area in a thin layer, once daily for 5 days. With genital herpes, daily intraurethral or intravaginal instillations of 5 ml liniment (1 vial) are done 1 time per day. 10-15 days. Liniment can be combined with other common and local antiherpetic drugs;
- Candidiasis, nonspecific urethritis. Do instillations 5-10 ml liniment (volume of 1-2 vials) into the urethra. The dose varies from the severity of the lesion.
- with the development of inflammation in the anterior part of the urethra in men, the cannula of a syringe with liniment is immersed in the external opening of the canal, then gently squeeze the hole for 1.5-3 minutes. After some time the instillation solution is separated by gravity. It is necessary to urinate in half an hour (otherwise the mucus edema may develop).
- when the spermatic glands or the posterior urethra are damaged, intraurethral liniment instillations are performed using a urethral catheter for 5-10 ml 10-14 consecutive days, once a day.
- in the treatment of specific urethritis, it is necessary to use antibacterial agents, to which the pathogenic flora is sensitive.
- Candida and nonspecific colpitis, bacterial vaginosis, endocervicitis. Assign instillation liniment in the vagina for 5-10 ml daily, 10-15 days. In order for the liniment not to flow, it should be zatampronirovat entrance to the vagina with a small sterile swab for 2-3 hours.
- When diagnosing a combined intraurethral and intravaginal infection, instillations should be applied to both the vagina and the urethra 5 ml each for 10-15 days. Allowed the introduction of impregnated sterile swabs.
Liniment is combined with vaginal forms of drugs (suppositories, tablets), so it can be used in combination with chronic pathology of the female sexual sphere.
Possible manifestation of general and local hypersensitivity reactions.
The drug is 100% compatible with other drugs that are traditionally used in the treatment of these diseases, including interferons, chemotherapeutic and symptomatic agents. The enhancement of the effects of nucleoside analogues and interferons when combined with cycloferon has been noted.
There are no analogues in composition at the moment.