Erespal (fenspiride) is a drug with a bronchodilating and spasmolytic effect, which is often used in the complex therapy of bronchial asthma. Has a clinically proven ability to increase the activity of the cilia of the bronchial ciliated epithelium, normalize the secretion of the bronchi and reduce its viscosity. Effectively removes bronchial obstruction, restores pulmonary gas exchange.
- It is not recommended for the treatment of pregnant and lactating women. Children from 2 years can be appointed only in the form of syrup.
- It is included in the list of essential medicines.
- Produced in two dosage forms for oral administration: syrup and tablets.
A drug with anti-bronchoconstrictive and anti-inflammatory activity.
Н1-антигистаминные средства. Pharmacological group of the active substance of the drug (fenspiride): H1-antihistamines.
Structure of the preparation
|80 mg of fenspiride hydrochloride||104.5 mg of calcium hydrophosphate, 100 mg of hypromellose, 0.5 mg of silica anhydrous colloid, 12.8 mg of povidone-K30, 2.2 mg of magnesium stearate.||0.841 mg titanium dioxide, 0.263 mg macrogol 6000, 0.263 mg glycerol, 0.263 mg magnesium stearate, 4.37 mg hypromellose.|
|200 mg of fenspiride hydrochloride (per ml of syrup -2 mg of fenspiride)||500 mg of flavoring composition with a honey smell, 400 mg of vanilla tincture, 200 mg of licorice root extract, 10 mg of colorant sanset S yellow, 90 mg of methyl parahydroxybenzoate, 22.5 g of glycerol, 60 mg of sucrose, 45 mg of saccharin, 35 mg of propyl parahydroxybenzoate, 190 mg potassium sorbate, water purified to a volume of 100 ml.||-|
Form of issue, price
- прозрачная жидкость, имеющая оранжевый цвет, в пластиковых флаконах коричневого цвета по 150 или 250 мл, в картонной упаковке. Syrup Erespal: a transparent liquid that has an orange color, in plastic bottles of brown color, 150 or 250 ml, in a carton. Price:
a syrup of 150 ml - 210-264 rub,
syrup 250 ml - 333-428 rub.
- : белые круглые таблетки двояковыпуклой формы, покрытые оболочкой, по 15 штук в блистере, в картонной пачке по 2 блистера (30 таблеток). Erespal tablets : white round tablets of biconvex form, covered with a cover, 15 pieces in a blister, in a cardboard bundle of 2 blisters (30 tablets).
Price: 299-430 rub.
According to the instructions for the use of Erespal, the active substance of the drug - fenspiride - has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and anti-bronchoconstrictive effect due to a decrease in the production of basic biologically active substances that play a key role in the development of inflammatory reaction and bronchospasm: cytokines, free radicals, arachidonic acid metabolites.
Inhibits the metabolism of arachidonic acid, in parallel blocking histamine H1-receptors, since it is histamine that stimulates the chemical reactions of the transformation of arachidonic acid into the final metabolites-factors of inflammation. Reduces the production of other mediators of inflammation - serotonin and bradykinin.
It blocks α-adrenergic receptors, the activation of which increases the secretion of bronchial glands. The complex effect of fenspiride reduces the pathological effect of a number of factors that promote hypersecretion of anti-inflammatory substances and cause obstruction of the bronchial tree. Has a pronounced antispasmodic and myotropic effect.
The drug is well absorbed into the digestive tract. Erespal's instructions indicate that after oral administration of 1 tablet the maximum concentration of fenspiride in the blood is detected after 6 hours, the use of the syrup causes the active concentration already after 2.5 hours. The half-life period (T 1/2) is 12 hours, it is excreted mainly through the urinary system (up to 90%), a small part is excreted by the intestine (about 10%).
Indications for use
The drug is indicated in the complex therapy of respiratory diseases (upper and lower divisions):
- bronchitis (with or without chronic respiratory failure);
- bronchial asthma;
- Respiratory symptoms with influenza, measles and whooping cough;
- infection of the respiratory system, in the symptomatic complex of which there is a cough.
- Hypersensitivity reactions to the main or auxiliary substances of the drug.
- Tablets - up to 18 years
- Syrup - children under 2 years
Use in pregnant and lactating women
The use of Erespal in pregnancy and lactation is not recommended because of limited clinical safety data for these categories of individuals. Nevertheless, therapy with Erespal and analogues in the period of gestation is not grounds for the artificial termination of pregnancy.
|Adults and teenagers over 18 years of age||For 45-90 milliliters (3-6 tablespoons, respectively) per day.||One tablet (80 mg) twice-thrice a day. The maximum dose for a daily intake is 240 mg (3 tablets).|
|Children from 2 years - at the rate of 4 mg per 1 kg of weight.|
10-20 миллилитров (2-4 чайные ложки соответственно) в сутки. Children under 10 kg: 10-20 milliliters (2-4 teaspoons, respectively) per day.
: 30-60 мл (2-4 столовые ложки соответственно) в сутки. Children more than 10 kg : 30-60 ml (2-4 tablespoons, respectively) per day.
|special instructions||It is taken before meals. Before use, always shake. For young children, it is permissible to add to a bottle with food or drink.||It is taken half an hour before meals, washed down with water.|
|Duration of treatment||Defines the doctor|
- : желудочно-кишечные расстройства, болезненность в эпигастральной области, тошнота, рвота, несколько реже отмечается диарея и рвота. The main side reactions with Erespal therapy are observed from the digestive tract : gastrointestinal disorders, tenderness in the epigastric region, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and vomiting are noted less often.
- возможна тахикардия, ощущение сердцебиения, некритическое падение артериального давления. On the part of the CCC, tachycardia, palpitation, and uncritical drop in blood pressure are possible.
- вероятно развитие сонливости и головокружения. From the side of the central nervous system is likely the development of drowsiness and dizziness.
- : крапивница, эритема, ангионевротический отек, кожный зуд, эпидермальный некролиз токсического характера. From the skin : urticaria, erythema, angioedema, skin itching, epidermal necrolysis of a toxic nature.
- : астенические явления, повышенная утомляемость. General disorders : asthenic phenomena, increased fatigue.
- : реакции гиперчувствительности на краситель сансет желтый S. Additionally for the syrup : hypersensitivity reactions to the dye yellow yellow S.
When taking syrup or tablets at a dose of more than 2320 mg - immediately go to a medical facility. Symptoms: agitation or drowsiness, inhibition, nausea and vomiting, tachycardia with an accelerated sinus rhythm.
Due to the possibility of developing an adverse reaction in the form of a sedative effect, it is not recommended to combine Erespal with drugs with sedative activity and alcohol.
The presence of parabens in the syrup can trigger the development of allergic reactions (immediately after taking and delayed).
Patients with diabetes should consider the presence of sucrose in: 1 tsp. - 3 g (0.3 XE), 1 tbsp. contains 9 g (0.9 XE).
During therapy with Erespal, due to possible sedative reactions, caution is required when it is necessary to drive vehicles, work with precise mechanisms and activities requiring high reaction rates.
Shelf life and storage
It is suitable for 3 years from the date of manufacture. Special storage conditions do not require. When storing the syrup, precipitation of the precipitate is likely, disappearing with stirring and not affecting the activity.
Analogues of Erezpal
Siresp, Eladon, Inspiron, Fosidal, Fenspiride.